Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Australasian Cake Day Blog Hop

Hello and welcome aboard our Cake Day Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop. 

If you have arrived here from Doris then you are in the right place. 

If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post. 

Today I would like to share with you a creation which features Close To My Heart’s March Featured collection, Cake Day!



Of course, the first thing that comes to mind with this collection is using it to document birthdays; and so I put together a 12x12 layout of my niece's first birthday. The ice-cream elements work perfectly with her ice-cream birthday cake, and I love the colour combination of Lemonade and Wild Berry. 



I used the zip strip and stickers for embellishment, as well as the Cake Day dots. I matted all of the photos on Wild Berry cardstock to really make them pop. I added string to the balloon stickers using a fine tip black pen. 



The stickers in this collection are so great because they give you words, clusters, large focal pieces as well as borders- here I chopped the candle border up to create a washi tape look, and the sentiment stickers were perfect to add a caption to the photo. 


I used a Cake Day Picture My Life card for a sub-title, and added the journalling on strips of coordinating cardstock. I love the fun cake sticker embellishment with the Cake Dots!


I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Doreen.

1 comment:

  1. Your page is so bright and cheerful, Lauren. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!