Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Technique Blog Hop- Creative with Cardstock

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! This month, we are featuring lots of awesome ideas with cardstock.

This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Michelle's Blog you are on the right track! 

I absolutely love all the bright colours of cardstock that CTMH has- such a pretty rainbow of brightness! I created a 12x12 layout using eight strips of 1 x12 cardstock in Wild Berry, Candy Apple, Nectarine, Lemonade, Avocado, Capri, Grape and Sapphire as I wanted to showcase some of my favourite colours. This layout background is a fun way to create different colour combos on your layout, and you can also do this with patterned paper or a combination- anything you like! I slightly trimmed the White Daisy base and layered in on Pewter cardstock- this is one of my favourite techniques to anchor a layout. 


I also cut up some White Daisy cardstock into 7/8 inch strips to do my journalling, and stamped each one using the corresponding ink colour using the All Day Every Day stamp set. 

Another favourite technique of mine for cardstock backgrounds is to use Watercolour Paints to splatter the background and create a grunge look- here I used white to offset all the colourful strips but you can use any colour you want! I simply loaded my waterbrush, added the white paint and flicked it onto the page. 


I also used cardstock and the Layered Flowers Thin Cuts to create the floral embellishments on this page- CTMH cardstock cuts like butter and the stitched detail on these thin cuts is amazing. I added some Wild Berry Dots to the centre of each flower for some dimension.


The last thing I like to do with cardstock is to stamp my title on it and then dovetail the ends to make a pennant. This is a really easy way of adding any cardsotck journal box, stamped title or even plain cardstock as an embellishment. I stamped this in Wild Berry Ink and then surrounded the title with some of the Cake Day Dots.


Cardstock only layouts don't have to be boring- thin cuts, paint splatters and dove tailing can all take your cardstock elements to the next level.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Haley's Blog where you will find her sharing her cardstock technique.  Be sure to leave a comment and happy hopping!

6 comments:

  1. Love this layout! The strips of color and matching journaling is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh la la, I love your layout so much! You look fabulous, and the colors are so rich! Perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE love love this page! The colors...the highlighted topics...it's perfect! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super layout!! Love everything and now I need to get that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout really like the matching journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout, I love the rainbow of colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!