Saturday, November 1, 2014

Everything ABC's Blog Hop- W



 Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter W. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their W element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy.

If you came from Catherine Nowak then you're on the right track!

I focused on a Weekly Planner for my "W" project. This cute Flip Stand is shown on page 10 of the June 2014- July 2015 Annual Inspirations Catalogue. This is a great way to jazz up the Designed Décor Flip Stand Album and have a functional item for your home or office.

I set about creating this after one of my good friends commented on how brilliant it was.




I started off by cutting out all the required Cricut shapes. The numbers are from Artiste Font, and the cut weekly overlay is an Artbooking Overlay. Then the numbers were cut out on 1" circles using Art Philosophy I also used this circle to cut a 31/2" circle out of the Flaxen Fundamentals Assortment Paper.



Some sequins added a fun element to the planner, and some sparkle to my daily planning!



I ended up laminating both the weekly and daily parts of the planner, so that I can use a dry erase marker and fill out each week rather than making multiple copies of each item. The weekly part flips up to reveal a full sheet of blank white space, perfect for noting the daily to-do list.



The rest of the items I cut by hand, playing with sizes until I was happy then dovetailing the ends of the Canary and Flaxen cardstock. I loved this 24/7 accent on the Glacier cardstock- sometimes I feel like I am on the go 24/7/365.



This planner has been great to have on my craft desk to remind me of upcoming blog posts, craft demonstrations I need to prepare, and my general to-do list.



You have reached the end of our "W" blog hop, but if you are continuing in a circle please click through to Linda's Blog, Scrappy Therapy.

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!

Weekly Planner supplies used:
A1163 My Acrylix® Practical Planning (hostess only stamp set)
Z2033 Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Assortment
1385 White Daisy Cardstock
X5751 Sorbet Cardstock
X5771 Flaxen Cardstock
1292 Crystal Blue Cardstock
X5772 Canary Cardstock
X5929 Whisper Cardstock
Z2173 Slate Exclusive Inks™ Pad
Z2642 Flaxen Exclusive Inks™ Pad
Z2117 Crystal Blue Exclusive Inks™ Pad
Z2162 Honey Exclusive Inks™ Pad
Z1896 Designed Décor Flip Stand Album
Z1989 Slate Diagonal Striped Ribbon
Z553 Bonding Memories Glue Pen
Z2013 Sequins Silver Assortment
Z1790 Cricut® Artiste Collection
Z1906 Cricut® Artbooking Collection
Z1686 Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection

2 comments:

  1. Super cute!!!! I love this idea as a gift and great call on laminating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever project ... may have to try this at home to keep me more organized...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!