Thursday, November 1, 2018

S1811 Seasonal Trees CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog Hop


Hello and welcome aboard our November Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop. If you have arrived here from Vandra then you are in the right place.

If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post.

Today I would like to share with you a creation which features Close To My Heart’s November Stamp of the Month, Seasonal Trees.



 I really like how this set has no sentiments, making it perfect for a variety of occasions.

I decided to create an autumnal inspired tree for this card, to match with the Grateful Heart sentiment. This card required a lot of layers of sponging!

I lightly sponged the background first, then stamped the tree base. I then used a circle sponge dauber to add layers of yellow and orange to the tree. I then used the small dots stamp to add texture to the trees in yellow and orange ink. I went back and intensified the blue sky and green grass, then added some tufts of grass at the tree base.



I love the variation of colours that this technique achieved! It reminds me of all the beautiful colours of Autumn.



I also stamped the sentiment in second generation black ink to keep the card's soft feeling.

The sponged tree was then mounted onto a card base, ready for giving.

I hope you can have a play with this technique- full instructions can be found here.

 I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Wendy's Expressions of the Heart.

Products used:
Cardstock: White Daisy
Ink: Black, Canary, Fern, Glacier, Nectarine, Saffron, Tangerine
Stamp sets: Grateful Heart-ScrapbookingSeasonal Trees

4 comments:

  1. I love your card Lauren, thanks for explaining the steps how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sponging for the foliage - it looks gorgeous. I'll be trying this one on a layout - my photos are of autumn trees so it's perfect. Thanks for sharing the steps to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sponging looks amazing & love how you used the small dots stamp to add texture instead of any of the leaves. It is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!