Sunday, December 6, 2020

Operation Smile Every Bit of Wonderful Blog Hop

Welcome to our Operation Smile Blog Hop!  We will be featuring the Operation Smile stamp set, Every Bit Of Wonderful. For every purchase of this stamp set, 7$USD is donated to Operation Smile.  

If you have come here from Darlys' Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog


This month we have myself and 12 other Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's featured stamp and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I have been wanting to use this beautiful floral paper from the Mix In Paper Packet, and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to pair it with this stamp set!.  I also used some of my leftover Serenity scraps, a zip strip from the Mix In and I created my own distress oxide panel for the layout as well using Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry distress oxide inks, then flicking it with water and blue watercolour paint. 


I coloured another piece of White Daisy Cardstock with the distress inks and then stamped the flowers from the stamp set over this using Intense Black Ink. I then fussy cut and layered all of the flowers, and added some extra fussy cut flowers from Sapphire Cardstock as well as stamping some of the leaf stamps directly onto the paper. I also added some Gold Glitter Gems because who doesn't love bling?


See all the different lovely details in the distress oxide panel? I love spritzing these with water to get that dreamy bokeh look. 


I clustered some of the flowers using 3D foam tape to add some dimension, and I also stamped the sentiment from the Operation Smile stamp set directly onto the paper using Black ink as it fitted so perfectly in the gap above the photo.

Now "Hop" on over to Katy's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! 

11 comments:

  1. WOW - Love the colours and those torn banners at the top are the perfect accent to your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the oxide inks! Your flowers are beautiful and this page came together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! love the colors! Those flowers a BEAUTIFUL! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page. I love how you used the Distress Oxide inks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is genius! Your color and pattern choices are surprising and perfect together. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!