Saturday, January 16, 2021

Striped Borders Blog Hop

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 10 of us highlighting Striped Borders.  

This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.  

If you are coming from Darlys' Blog, you are on the right track!  

Today I wanted to show you a fun background technique using the Happiness Lives Here cardmaking stamp set. I simply inked it up using Black ink and stamped each border on a diagonal across some White Daisy cardstock.


To make this card fun, I added very slim strips of different coloured cardstock behind the stamped piece, and then cut the Thank you sentiment form the Thin Cuts using a piece of Watercolour Paper that I had coloured using different watercolour paints. I then stamped the Thank you sentiment using Intense Black Ink over the coloured area.


I also added some Black Shimmer Brush splatters onto the card base for an extra touch, and placed the thank you sentiment onto the stamped background using 3D Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Alyson's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

6 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea to do the stripes in black and add a pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stripes going opposite directions creates such a neat look. Love the coloured sentiment against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! I love the pops of color with all the black images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white base with the pop of color on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! I love your mix of rainbow and black and white!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!