Monday, August 16, 2021

Anything Goes Technique Blog Hop

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 11 of us highlighting any technique we would like to share- anything goes!

This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Maz' Blog you are on the right track! 

I love making my own marbled backgrounds using ink. For this project I started by putting Carolina, Bluebird and Sapphire ink on my 5x6 Acrylic Block, and then spritzing with water. Of course, you can use any size block to correspond with your project. 


I then place it over the area I want inked- for this project I cut a tag from the Tags and Tabs Thin Cuts  using Watercolour Cardstock, and I had stamped the image of a shark from the Jawsome Birthday stamp set.

I did a few of these tags- I love how every one is different as I redo the ink every time. 

I then cut a fun envelope for my tags using Bluebird Cardstock, my Cricut and the Artfully Sent cartridge.

Another one of my favorite techniques is a shimmer brush splatter! I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set in Sapphire ink, and then flicked the Sapphire Shimmer Brush over it.



Here's the finished tag and envelope sleeve- these are being used as little notes for cast members as I have written little notes on the back for our opening night of West Side Story- we are the Sharks!


Ready to go- such a fun and easy way to make a marbled background for any project and the shimmer brush splatter is fun as well!


Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Tamara's Blog where you will find her sharing her favourite technique.  Be sure to leave a comment and happy hopping!

4 comments:

  1. Love this technique! It is perfect for the water look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I absolutely love your card and the way you incorporated the technique! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique for the water tag! Love the tag and bubble envelope. Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!