Monday, August 23, 2021

You Make My Heart Happy

 I haven't been able to participate in a lot of challenges recently, but when I saw Double Trouble's Trail Mix challenge paired with the Color Dare I knew I could participate!

I used 2x2 squares of patterned papers from Isabella, Wander and the current Mix-In to create this fun patchwork heart background. I matted it on a polka dot piece of paper from the Mix In, and then framed it with Sundance Cardstock

Each paper was a different fun pattern, but I kept the colour palette quite simple in order for all the patterns to work together and chose papers with Sapphire, Sundance and Paprika tones. I also used a retired Doodled Borders stamp to stamp around the heart using Black Ink to create a more cohesive heart frame. 

So that the heart still showed on the layout, I only used one 4x4 photo and matted it on Kraft Paper. The only embellishment I used were hearts that were leftover from using the Hearts Background Thin Cuts and Black Cardstock.  

Finally, I kept the theme going with this title- the large sticker is from the Perfect Match sticker sheet and the rest of the sentiment was stamped in Black Ink from the Every Bit Of Wonderful stamp set.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my mix and match paper heart layout- it looks tricky but it is really fun to do! Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to know what you think. 

8 comments:

  1. Great layout, Lauren! Love all the pattern papers! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Double Trouble!!! - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the heart you formed with different patterned hexagons and background for your photo... creative and beautifully created. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. Check the ColorMyHeart Color Dare palette of color (colors in your scrapbook page to me it looks like you used Blue Belle, Sundance and close match of Paprika instead of cinnamon.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the most adorable quilt! What a fun thing to do for a scrapbook page! Very clever and goes excellent with out challenge at Double Trouble. So glad you joined us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous patchwork quilt design, Lauren! Lovely mix of patterns and perfect for the Kraft background. (Isabella is such a pretty paper packet - I have only a few tiny scraps remaining.) Thank you for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare #458 and Double Trouble #91.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever design. I really like it! Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design is so popular at the moment and I see why its so effective. I love how you stamped around the edge. Thanks for joining us at Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout. I love the heart...I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!