Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Australasian SOTM Blog Hop- Grateful For This Life


Hello and welcome aboard our Stamp of the Month Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop. 

If you have arrived here from Passionate About Pages then you are in the right place. 

If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post. 

Today I would like to share with you a creation which features Close To My Heart’s September Stamp of the Month, Grateful For This Life

I love all the mix and match sentiments, and I wanted to show you how to use these on a scrapbook page.

I recently performed in a production of West Side Story, and so I wanted to create a bright layout of all the fun backstage photos we took. I used Bluebird Cardstock as the base, and then added strips of the new colour Mulberry Cardstock and also some paper from the new Noteworthy Paper Packet

On the left hand side, I stamped the main title from the Stamp of the Month using Black Ink and added some extra sentiments from the stamp set.


I love how you can truly customise the titles with this stamp set! I also added some music notes using the Happy Birthday Song stamp set since West Side Story is a musical. 


I used some of the smaller sentiments around the pages, as the photos do tell such a story about some wonderful memories I will have of the show.


The right hand side is more of the beautiful Bluebird and Mulberry combination, and I added in a pop of Lemonade Cardstock too. I also added some sharks to these pages using the Jawsome Birthday stamp set, as we were the Sharks gang. 


The star sentiment is from the new Smarty Pants Stamp Set and Thin Cuts, which I thought paired perfectly with this layout and also the pop of yellow on my niece's dress. I also added some more music notes!


This journal box was created on White Daisy Cardstock using the new Love Story Scrapbooking Stamp Set and Thin Cuts and I stamped the lines using our new colour of the year, Wild Berry Ink. The Sharks title also came with the Jawsome Birthday stamp set, and so I used that as a subtitle. 


Back to the Stamp of the Month- I was truly grateful to spend time on stage with my other half and so the time together sentiment was perfect for underneath this photo of us- and how amazingly does my dress match the cardstock colours!


I really love how this double page layout turned out, and I was able to put a lot of photos on this page!


If you do not have a consultant please contact me or place an order here.

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, Creative Inspirations


4 comments:

  1. What a fun layout of a great experience. Love all your tips for using this set in different ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of the words and phrases in the stamp set. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!