Monday, March 20, 2023

Australasian Down Under Blog Hop


Hello and welcome aboard our Down Under themed Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop. 

If you have arrived here from Scrappy Chicks then you are in the right place. 

If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post. 

Today I would like to share with you a layout that features some fun travel themed items from Close To My Heart, perfect for travelling around Australia and New Zealand.

I wanted to create a layout for visiting my friend up in the North Island, and so I used up the scraps from my Are We There Yet? collection to create this single page scrapbook layout.


One of my favourite collections, this has some great paper patterns and so I used the scraps of these to create a fun layered mat behind one of the photos, using tearing as a way to add texture. I then stamped the New Zealand title directly over top of these.


The map of New Zealand is from the Map Your Journey- New Zealand stamp set and I pinpointed where I had travelled by paper piecing the region on the stamp set and adding the cute pin sticker from the Are We There Yet? Sticker Sheet. You will notice I also added more tearing and layering to make the most of every last piece of paper I had! I also made my own zip strip using the camera icon from the stamp set. 


These map stamp sets also have a variant for Australia as well as the USA and Canada, perfect for a trip down under of further abroad!

I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop, The Scrapbooking Photographer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!