Sunday, March 27, 2016

G is for Garden


Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter G. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their G element will be featured in their post.

If you came from Stephanie then you're on the right track!

For my G project, I wanted to share a Garden layout I created using the March SOTM, Sunshine Birdies. Here is the layout I created, with some Zoe Complements and a green and blue colour scheme to channel the outdoors.

I stamped the branch from Sunshine Birdies on the layout to draw the eye into the photos. I then promptly dropped my ink pad on the page (eeek) so I covered it up with some Zoe Complements flowers and leaves. I hope I am not the only one who does this!



Some more Zoe Complements were placed on the left of the title, and I stamped a sweet little butterfly from Sunshine Birdies.



The sun fills in the gap nicely to keep the grid pattern flowing, and I plan to write the details in this journalling sticker. I also added the Sunday accent from the Zoe Complements.



Lastly, I used some Aqua Dots to draw attention to the other stamped butterfly trying to escape off the page!



Here is the finished layout, complete with a grass border and photos of my sons gardening on a hot summer day.



Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Darlys of Crafty Happy.

In case you get lost along the way…go to Catherine Nowak for a complete list of participants!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!