Thursday, April 16, 2020

Heat It Up



Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 14 of us highlighting Heat Embossing.

This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Haley's Blog, you are on the right track!

I wanted to showcase how I create an embossed wreath to highlight a Stitched Circle Thin Cut sentiment.

I started off by lightly tracing the inside of the thin cut on a pierce of Mint Cardstock where I wanted the wreath to be.



This is where pigment inks come in handy- they retain their colour and stay wet long enough to put clear embossing powder over the image so that the colour shows through. I stamped a wreath of continuous shells in Sapphire Pigment Ink around the circle, then added Clear Embossing Powder over the top and heat set it.



I then added my Stitched Circle created sentiment using stamps and sentiments from the April SOTM, O-Fish-Ally Awesome and added the wave paper from the Seas The Day Paper Packet, matting both of these in Sapphire Cardstock and adding some White Dots for embellishment.



Here you can see that the shells around the sentiment are shiny and glossy, which is what clear embossing does!



Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Michelle's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome!! A card that doesn't need all those little pieces fussy cut!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card with the technique of the circle! I love your resulting card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made the wreath with the stitched circle. This is a great idea and I love how you used the shells for the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! That wreath of shells is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Thanks for sharing how you made your wreath!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!