Friday, May 28, 2021

Slimline Card Blog Hop

Welcome to our Slimline Card Blog Hop!  

If you have come here from Show and Tell with Michelle you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.

This month we have 13 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this slimline cards on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I love the sweet little cat from the Party Girl stamp set, and I wanted to show that you can make a fun slimline card using random stamping and touches of colour. I simply stamped the cat and then filled the white space in with one of the splotchy star stamps. The sentiment is from the Cattitude stamp set and popped up on Thin 3D Foam Tape. I used the new Circles Thin Cuts and cut the circle using Flamingo Cardstock, and then matted the random stamped piece in Flamingo Cardstock as well. I also added a bow using Blush Shimmer Ribbon


Here's a close up of the random stamping I did using the cat stamp and the embellishment scatter stamp. I stamped everything onto White Daisy Cardstock using Intense Black Ink, and then added colour to the cat's bows using my dry ink swiping technique (see my video of this colouring technique here). The colouring doesn't have to be perfect or precise for this, which is what I love about it! It adds just enough colour to the card without it being an overwhelming process.

Now "Hop" on over to Gina's StampinHeaven to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas with slimline cards! 

I'm also joining in with the Slimline card challenge over at Just Add Ink for even more slimline card inspiration!

11 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love the touch of pink on the cat bows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you random stamped the cat, it is so cute. My daughter who love this card. Great job and card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love your background stamping with a hint of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little cat card - love the selective colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable; Absolutely PURRFECT Card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You created the perfect patterned paper for a cat lover Lauren. Love all the little touches of pink too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and a great way to showcase your cute cat stamp - a very effective technique. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!