Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Here Comes The Sun

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 13 of us highlighting the Sunburst Technique.  

This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Brandi's Blog, you are on the right track! 


I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new Sunburst Background Thin Cuts- how awesome is this for creating a Sunburst effect quickly and easily?

Here are two different ways I love to use this Thin Cut. 

The first way is to cut this using different colours of cardstock or different patterned paper. I cut the frame in Sapphire, and then cut the thin cut using Carolina, Bluebird and the Stars and Sparklers Paper. I then just used the pieces within the frame, like a jigsaw puzzle! I also used a sentiment from the coordinating Spot On Sentiments stamp sets, which coordinates perfectly with the circle part of the thin cut. I stamped the sentiment in Scarlet Ink and the card was finished! 


My second way is to simply put some patterned paper behind the thin cut. Here I cut the thin cut in White Daisy Cardstock, and simply glued it on top of the black silver star cardstock from the Happiest Place Coordinating Cardstock. I kept with the silver theme by stamping a firework from the Stars and Sparklers Cardmaking Stamp Set in Charcoal Ink, and then rotating the stamp and stamping the next layer with Versamark and embossing with Silver Embossing Powder. I then stamped the sentiment in Black Ink from the Party Girl stamp set. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Kim's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know which card you like the best,  and happy hopping!

10 comments:

  1. Very festive cards! They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such eye catching cards! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cards! I am in love the bottom card. The papers with the stamp are a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun cards. I love the blues and the silver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the black and silver stars. Perfect for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many different looks with this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the black and silver one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!